International tourist tariff is set by the Royal Government of Bhutan and is valid for all ground arrangements (inclusive package). The tariff for groups 4 person and above are as follows:-
|Season||Month||Tariff per person||Single room supplement|
|Peak||Mar, Apr, May, Sept. Oct, Nov.||US$ 250 per person||US$ 50 per room/night During festival period.|
|Lean||Jan, Feb, Jun, Jul, Aug., Dec.||US$ 200 per person||US$ 40 per room/night Other times.|
These rates are same both for cultural tours and treks. The above minimum package rates are inclusive of following services:
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis
- All three meals
- All transfers and sightseeing within Bhutan with an accompanied guide
- 35 percent Royalty and taxes to The Royal Government of Bhutan
- Entrances fees to monuments.
- Pack ponies or yaks to carry equipments while on trek (riding ponies extra).
Other than above, are EXCLUDED. The above rates are applied per tourist per night basis in Bhutan. On departure day, the local agents obligations shall be limited to breakfast only and any extra requirement shall be payable on actual basis. The above rates apply uniformly irrespective of locations and type of accommodation provided. All hotels and lodges for tourist purpose are standardized by the Department of Tourism. Individuals less than 4 persons are subjected to surcharge, over and above the minimum international tourist tariff applicable:
- For single individual = US$ 40 per night
- For two people = US$ 30 per head per night
These FIT surcharges are net payable and non-commissionable. Agency commission: As per international norms, 10 percent of the gross payment shall be payable to the main agent abroad as commission and shall be deducted at source. Discounts provided by Thoesam Tours :-
- Diplomats from foreign embassies/missions accredited to Bhutan are given 25 per discount on daily rates.
- Children up to the age of five years is free. However, those between the age of 6-12 years accompanied by guardians/elders are given 50 percent discount on daily rates.
- Sudents (full time) below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institutes are also given 25 percent discount on daily rates.
- 50 percent discount for one person if the tour group size is between 11-15 people.
- 100 percent discount for one person if the group size is 16 people and above. If more than 27 people, there will be further discounts.
- Visitors availing discounts under section 1), 2) and 3) are eligible for discounts under section f.
There will be no charges for delays in arrival and departures because of weather conditions disrupting flights or roads blocks or strikes (India). However, tourists must bear the cost of food, accommodation, transport and other services required. But we will always be there to assist you till you are able to depart/arrive.
Remittance of tour payment Tour payment must be settled minimum one month prior to date of arrival in Bhutan. During festival period, payments should reach 2 months in advance. Without tour payment, VISA will not be cleared/approved by the government and other services will not be confirmed either. Druk Air payment has to be made in advance (2 months during season and 1.5 months off season) in order to avoid cancellation of seats booked in advance.
Please deposit or transfer the payment to the following Bank Account:
1. Bank Address : Standard Chartered Bank Ltd.,
(Correspondent Bank) One Madison Avenue, New York,
SWIFT Code: SCBLUS33
CHIPS ABA: 0256
FED ABA: 026002561
2. Beneficiary Bank Account : 358-202-171-9001 (USD A/C)
3. Beneficiary Bank : Bhutan National Bank, P.O Box 439,
GPO Building, Chang Lam, Thimphu, Bhutan
SWIFT Code: BNBTBTBT
4. Beneficiary/Ultimate Beneficiary: Account No 20573007
(of THOESAM TOURS & TREKKING maintained with BNB, Thimphu, Bhutan ( beneficiary must be mentioned )
Copy of the Bank transfer documents should be faxed to us to prove to the authorities concerned in order to clear VISA as well as for necessary follow up with the Bank.
Tours booked and subsequently canceled are subject to cancellation charges as follows:
. Within 30 days of the start of tour – Free . Within 21 days – 20 percent of the rate . Within 14 days – 30 percent of the rate . Less than 14 days – 50 percent of the rate . After arrival in Bhutan – 100 percent of the rate
Druk Air cancellations
Once the air tickets has been issued, you will not get any refund. Druk Air Corp. Ltd. will forfeit 100 percent of the airfare, unless cancelled one month before.
Royalty for filming
In addition to above international tourist tariff, if any tourists or professionals intend on filming, there will be extra royalties and security deposits depending on the nature and duration of the film. You can always contact us for further details.